Sunday, January 29, 2012

Simple Days

January is flying by but I wasn't fast enough to jump onto her wing and hitch a ride. I feel I have been left behind and am taking the scenic path. I have been working very slowly. I'm not sure why this is? I think I'm gathering my thoughts and still recharging my creative battery? It's strange as when the new year arrives you want to throw yourself into the fresh new beginning. But the mind is not willing and is telling me it's a journey not a race. So I've been looking.


I've met Jack Frost a couple of times, but this year he has more business elsewhere, not here where I live.


Sky watching. I've done a lot of that. In fact I always do. There is more magic in light than in anything I feel.

January has gifted me with lavender sweets, celandines in bloom, a tear shed or two, falling into heather and the highlands by candlelight via the pages of my book, answering a song thrush that definitely spoke to me! Beautiful new music, browsing in bookshops, sweet incense and warm spicy soup, a meteorite so ancient my mind boggled and of course the prettiest thing of January, snowdrops.


Thus have been my days. Simple days.

In between I've been painting, writinhg, taking photographs.  Many projects on the to do list. And with the muse deciding it's rest time, it's taking longer than anticipated. But, we'll get there. ;)


No comments: