Friday, September 10, 2010

Book Burning

I am not one to to talk "politics".  I have mine.  You have yours.  Enough said.  I am not one to combine politics and religion.  Like water and oil, to me, they do not mix.  But I will say this:

I do not believe in BOOK BURNING.  Especially religious books.  There are many books that I do not like the content of.  But I would never burn them.  I choose to ignore them.  To walk away from them.  To not draw attention to them.

When you decide to burn a book, to me, you are just drawing attention to that which you want people to not be drawn to.

And religious books, as far as I am concerned, are off limits.  It does not matter if you believe in their religious beliefs or not.  A religious book, of any religion, is sacred.  It's sacred to somebody.

Enough said on this subject.  Thank You


No comments: