Thursday, May 31, 2012

What I Learned this Week (To Be More Brazen)

This week was filled with lessons learned.

I am a quiet person by nature.  I sit back and observe for a bit and then gradually build up to be a part of the group or conversation.  This may have cost me dearly.  This part of who I am may have cost me an opportunity to know someone that I truly wanted to find out who they were.  An opportunity to see where, if anywhere knowing this person might lead.  I have never regretted anything in my life that I have done.  But this, this possible missed opportunity will be one that I will regret.  This being the most serious lesson learned this week. 

The others are small things.  Nothing important as the first lesson, but things I've learned about myself.

I need to be more brazen.  I need to step up and ask for, work for, seek out the things I want or need in my life. Or would like to have in my life.

I need to spend more time out in nature.  I come alive when I am out in nature.  I feel free.

I prefer small intimate dinner parties rather than going out to a bar.  I prefer a select few friends, diverse friends, so the conversation can be informative and lively, good food, and a good bottle of wine.

It's ok to cry when a wisp of a memory comes floating in out of nowhere.

This week was crammed with lessons.  I really hope next week won't have quite so many.

No comments: