Friday, May 14, 2010

The Land of Tears


Lips that taste of tears, they say,

Are the best for kissing.

~Dorothy Parker


It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
sometimes my heart wants to shout out loud...
with each tear drop that falls,

but I won't lose control.
I do that in private.

There's a girl in my mirror crying tonight, and there's nothing I can say to make her feel all right.

I heard the teardrop hit my pillow before I even knew I was crying

I often wonder, at that moment it seems that no-one will ever hear,
Just let it out
Let your tears come. Let them water your soul.
 
Time engraves our faces with all the tears we have not shed.
Heavy hearts, like heavy clouds in the sky, are best relieved by the letting of a little water
Invisible tears are the hardest to wipe away. ,
 
 
 

1 comment:

Athena Marie said...

And after the tears... comes the rainbow. :-)

I love that quote btw. Quite true in some ways...