*Incense - its cheaper than scented candles and smells just as good. I also adore the way the incense smoke floats around (its kind of beautiful). Currently i am burning aloe incense. My favourites are vanilla and Sandalwood.
* Royal blue - I'm over pink for now...and totally into royal blue. It really seems to suit me too (probably due to my darker hair). I need a beautiful royal blue dress for spring/summer.
* Mint chocolate - This is by far my favourite kind of chocolate at the moment. Whether its dark or milk chocolate -if it has mint in it, I will love it (and I will not want to share).
* Flowers - In my opinion, nothing uplifts a space (or my mood) like a nice bunch of flowers in a vase. I absolutely would buy a bunch of fresh cut flowers every week if I could afford it - BUT Since I'm on the broke side I may have to climb into peoples gardens and "borrow" flowers. (multi coloured roses and Stargazers are my fav's right now).
* Stretching - I love stretching. It makes me feel great and has really been increasing my flexibility (i can touch my toes, hooray!). I seriously need to buy some Yoga DVDs or start looking for a yoga/Pilate's class to join.
* The book im reading - The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova is such an interesting book. I have not been making a lot of time to read lately, but when I do I so enjoy the journey this book is taking me on. It’s a bit dark, very detailed and probably not for everyone.
“We do not grow absolutely, chronologically. We grow sometimes in one dimension, and not in another; unevenly. We grow partially. We are relative. We are mature in one realm, childish in another. The past, present, and future mingle and pull us backward, forward, or fix us in the present. We are made up of layers, cells, constellations.”
I have always been fascinated with layers. Full skirts of secrets, delicate fabrics piled up like soft snow over each other, a soft movement over the skin.
Layers should not come with weight, there should always be plenty of pockets of air, spaces where to hide and discover, a lightness that frees instead of imposing.
That is my type of skirt-the one I want my mind dressed of, with plenty of room for the cells, a nest to my constellations...
"What is hope? Nothing but the paint on the face of existence" -Lord Byron
"Consciousness...is the phenomenon whereby the universe's very existence is made known" -Roger Penrose
"Sometimes the only available transportation is a leap of faith" -Margaret Shepard
"At the edge of the city
On the brink of the unknown
"Come you dreamer to the darkness
Far far from home "
And Quest you for the answer
Question every absolute
"Live for passion and sole purpose
Life, Love, Time and Truth "
Dare to claim the promise
That was spoken at the start
"No one can tell you what the words are
You'll find them in your dreaming heart
"May your heart head for the sky with wings of soul full flight"
"May your dreams paint the dawn with all the colors of your light"
"As you seek and discover all the worlds precious wonder"
"May you always know the power Of your own true colors"
“All life, every life. We’re all born as molecules in the hearts of a billion stars, molecules that do not understand politics, policies and differences. In a billion years we, foolish molecules forget who we are and where we came from. Desperate acts of ego. We give ourselves names, fight over lines on maps. And pretend our light is better than everyone else’s. The flame reminds us of the piece of those stars that live inside us. A spark that tells us: you should know better. The flame also reminds us that life is precious, as each flame is unique. When it goes out, it’s gone forever. And there will never be another quite like it.”
This seems so strange to say this at this time in my life, but for the first time I am truly on my own. There is no one there standing beside me to guide, comfort or advise me at this time in my life. Right now I feel so small and insignificant. My mother passed away in November, and we just moved my father to a nursing home closer to my brother. My brother is about 50 miles away, (not far really, but ...). And so here I am alone for the first time. I too, would have moved, but after taking care of both my mother and father and not working for the past six months, I start a new job here in town on Monday (with a fantastic company that I have worked for before). So it was decided that I stay here and get back on my feet, while my Dad is living closer to my brother.
This has all happened in the last two weeks. Things have moved at lightning speed, I have not had time to take it all in. Until now. And right now, I am a little overwhelmed, a little frightened, and, I have to admit this, a little excited. For the first time, to truly be on my own. I am not sure what to make at this time. Just me, myself, and I. Oh yes, and my furry little companion....I guess I'm not really all alone then....and even though he doesn't speak words....his little eyes do.....and they will say to me when I come home every evening.....I missed you, how was your day......what more could I ask for........
“The night is darkening round me, The wild winds coldly blow; But a tyrant spell has bound me And I cannot, cannot go. The giant trees are bending Their bare boughs weighed with snow. And the storm is fast descending, And yet I cannot go. Clouds beyond clouds above me, Wastes beyond wastes below; But nothing dear can move me; I will not, cannot go.”