Thursday, November 24, 2011

What Am I Thankful For......


Well these last two years have been tough.  No, yes, tough and painful.

What am I thankful for.....I am thankful to have had 10 years of marriage to a man, the first time I laid eyes on him I said I was going to marry him.  I did, four months after we met.  The last year of our marriage before he passed away, was very difficult.  We had differences that we could not work out.  But I would not do anything differently.  I would do it all over again.  In a heartbeat.  I am thankful that I had this time with him.

I am thankful for my brother.  Who has been there for me.  We haver our differences.  But he was there.

I am thankful to have had a cat (yest a cat) for those months just after my husband passed away.  He was my constant companion, my pillow to cry on, the only reason I looked forward to coming home in the evening.

I am thankful for my friends, my co-conspirators at work.  Without these women, I would not have made it.  They understood when in the middle of the day, tears would come out of the blue. 

I am thankful for an herbal shower (yes!) where I can (even today) cry and cry and cry.  The herbs and the hot water seem so cathartic.

I am thankful for finding old classmates and and renewing those friendships.

I am thankful for knowing someone, who, well let's just say, is the other half of my soul.  Someone I care deeply for.  Someone I carry deep inside of my heart.  I would like to think that if we had been given the chance, it would have been pure magic  There are those we love.  And then there are those that we love, deeply, endlessly for all time, throughout the ages.  This man is that love.

I am thankful for being who I am.  I am thankful for the pain, yes the pain, that I have had to go through.  For without that pain I would not be who I am or where I'm at in my life right now.

I am thankful for my God, for without Him, I don't know where I would be.  Thank You.

No comments: