Saturday, February 4, 2012

Simple Gifts

"I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life

which are the real ones after all."

~Laura Ingalls Wilder


Here are just a few of the many gifts for which I am grateful:


~taking a deep breath~

~beginning~



~knowing that my camera is by my side and ready~


~becoming so lost in revising a poem

that time ceases to exist~
~taking a walk on a trail I've never followed before~

~discovering an old barn~

~watching a hawk fly by almost near enough to touch~



~stacks and stacks of books~

~a phone call from a friend I miss~

~campfires~

~the way strawberries bring a blush to a bowl of cream~

~the scent of lavender~

~an email out of the blue from a long-lost friend~

~the sound of a cat's purr ~

~cinnamon toast~



~wooden bowls~

~Queen Anne's lace~

~curling up in a quilt with a book and a cup of tea~

~old keys that long ago lost their doors~

~playing Scrabble ~

~the scent of cedar~

~mix & match dishes in a camp kitchen~

~sea-polished stones~

~the candle that's burning on my desk~

~the rain (softer now) that's falling outside my window~





~forgiving~

~being forgiven~

~moving on~

~letting go~

~beginning again~

No comments: