Sunday, May 13, 2012

Dear Mom

Happy Mother's Day mom.  I miss you so very much.  There is much that I wish to tell you.  So many things that have happened.  I still, on occasion, reach for the phone to call you....and then remember, you're not here.

Today, though, I've been thinking about when I was a child.  Do you remember sitting on the summer porch and brushing my long hair, trying to ge the tangles out of it.  You always wanted me to either cut it off, or put it up in a pony tail when I played outside.  I couldn't stand either.  I wanted it loose and long.  And so we would spend what seemed like hours untangling my hair at the end of the day.

I miss the Sunday mornings, when you and Daddy would dance to the music on the record player while Grandma made breakfast.  I loved watching you and Daddy dance.

I miss all of our long talks about nothing in paticular.  I miss our Saturday shopping trips.  I miss your potato salad and chocolate cake.  I just miss you.

There's not a day goes by that I don't think about you.  But today is Mother's Day.  It's your day.  And I wanted to wish you a Happy Mother's Day.  Thank you for being my mom.  Thank you for being there when I needed you. 

I love you Mom.

Your Daughter
Jan

No comments: