Wednesday, March 17, 2010

An Irish Blessing for you

I wish you not a path devoid of clouds
nor a life on a bed of roses.
Not that you might never need regret
nor that you should never feel pain.

No, that is not my wish for you.
My wish for you is:
That you might be brave in times of trial
when others lay crosses upon your shoulders,
when mountains must be climbed
and chasms are to be crossed,
When hope can scarce shine through.
That every gift God gave you might grow with you
And let you give your gift of joy
to all who care for you.

That you may always have a friend
who is worth that name,
whom you can trust
and who helps you in times of sadness and
who will defy the storms of daily life at your side.
One more wish I have for you...
That in every hour of joy and pain
you may feel God close to you.
This is my wish for you and for all who care for you
This is my hope for you...now and forever.

unknown Irish author
 

No comments: