Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Truly On My Own

This seems so strange to say this at this time in my life, but for the first time I am truly on my own. There is no one there standing beside me to guide, comfort or advise me at this time in my life. Right now I feel so small and insignificant. My mother passed away in November, and we just moved my father to a nursing home closer to my brother. My brother is about 50 miles away, (not far really, but ...). And so here I am alone for the first time. I too, would have moved, but after taking care of both my mother and father and not working for the past six months, I start a new job here in town on Monday (with a fantastic company that I have worked for before). So it was decided that I stay here and get back on my feet, while my Dad is living closer to my brother.


This has all happened in the last two weeks. Things have moved at lightning speed, I have not had time to take it all in. Until now. And right now, I am a little overwhelmed, a little frightened, and, I have to admit this, a little excited. For the first time, to truly be on my own. I am not sure what to make at this time. Just me, myself, and I. Oh yes, and my furry little companion....I guess I'm not really all alone then....and even though he doesn't speak words....his little eyes do.....and they will say to me when I come home every evening.....I missed you, how was your day......what more could I ask for........
 

No comments: