Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Ease on Down the Road.....

Oh my, follow the yellow brick road....ok....that's what I've been doing...and here I am on this damned yellow brick road.  Yellow brick road to my left, to my right, straight in front of me, behind me.  I've been on this yellow brick road now for I don't know how long and have nothing to show for it....except for these damned red shoes......and believe me, they aren't anything to write home about.  They don't keep you warm on a long, cold lonely night.  They don't do anything.  They're just there.  If they are good for anything, I haven't figured it out yet.

Why do I have to follow this road alone? Where is my traveling companion?  It would be nice to have someone to travel this path with me.  Someone with brains, a strong heart, some courage. Damned yellow brick road.  Damned red shoes.  Just gets a little lonely out here.  Be nice to have someone to be in step with, see some of the sights with, fight off these flying monkeys (what the hell they are I don't know, but I don't like them),someone to talk to.  You know, a live person, these talking apple trees are not big on conversation, and they are a little grouchy.  Someone to maybe  even figure out these red shoes.

Ok, temper tantrum over with.  There seems to be a forest coming up.  Looks a little dark and scary.  You know red shoes, now would be a good time to produce that traveling companion.  Yep, nothing.  Have to go this one alone also.  Damned red shoes.  Damned yellow brick road.  Ok, just breathe.  You can do it. You've got brains, a good heart, some courage. Just ease on down the road.....you and your red shoes.

Hmmm, I bet you there's lions.......and tigers..........and bears in this forest.  Ok! Where is that companion? Lions.....and tigers......and bears......Oh My!

No comments: