Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Forever Daddy's Little Girl (My Father Passed Away This Morning)

My father passed away this morning.  My mother passed November of last year.  Now I am truly by myself (except for my brother).  But those people that I turned to when I needed comfort, needed to laugh, to cry, to tell secrets to, or just to talk with are gone now.  There is no one in my life that I can do that with now.

Today I am at the lowest point I have ever been in my life.  Your parents try to prepare you for this day when they will no longer be with you.  But when it gets here you are not ready you want time to stand still or go back so you can be with them just one more time.

I have tried to keep my mind busy today, but now that I am home, it is going to be a long, long night.  One I know I must go through, but one I am not looking forward to.  It is at this time that I feel the lonliest,  most heartbroken person that ever lived.  If this were paper, it would be tear stained.

The emptiness that I feel at this time is something I can not put into words.  I do not know if I will ever find words for it.

Forgive my friends for the tears are coming faster than I can wipe them away.  It time.  Time to walk the longest night that anybody could possibly go through.

The only thing that I hold onto right now....my mom and dad are together again.....dancing as if it was Sunday morning again when I was child.

No comments: