Wednesday, August 19, 2015

It was a cool summer night. The blue velvet darkness dotted by bits of light coming from the buildings around me. I knew you the moment you stepped out of the darkness. Everything about you was familiar. The hat tipped over the eyes. The dancing, cool eyes. Oh, those dancing, cool eyes. A slight, mischievous smile. The long, graceful strides you took up the walkway to reach my side. All, all of it was as familiar to me as if I had known you all my life. And yet, it was the first time I had laid eyes on you. You were so familiar, this feeling of knowing you all my life, knowing you somewhere in time before, left me awestruck, dazed and confused. You reached for my hand, pulled me into an embrace and kissed the top of my head. I felt like I had been in those arms many, many times before. I felt safe, secure, where I was supposed to be, where I had always been. I wanted to stay there in that embrace for as long as I possibly could. I wanted to melt into you and for both of us to melt into the blue velvet of the night. I wanted to drown in those dancing, cool eyes, as emotions and moods filtered through them as we talked and held each other. I wanted to get lost in your embrace and your eyes. Yes, I miss those strong, warm arms, but I miss looking into those dancing, cool eyes the most.

No comments: